Sep 10 2014
The Internet has changed the way people do business. Path-breaking innovations like e-commerce make it quick, easy and convenient for sellers and buyers to showcase and shop products and services. A full-fledged website becomes primary business avenue eliminating the shortcomings of traditional bricks-and-mortar shop.
It makes e-commerce website design and development critical. Speed, transaction security and presentation become critical aspects. Website availability and reliability also play an important role as customers expect services round-the-clock. Business that offers user-friendly and fast services can only succeed.
Why e-commerce solutions are so lucrative?
E-commerce solutions are highly competitive in terms of content and delivery. Due to increased usage of the Internet and high bandwidth, everyone prefers online transactions. Easy payment methods and secured transactions make it further convenient.
• Personalized and highly customer-focused services are the two prime benefits of e-commerce. Automation and innovation activities bring additional advantages like less investment and more exposure. Since e-commerce development is a onetime activity and later there are only marginal costs, it is highly cost-effective mode of business.
• B2C (Business to client) applications take the business to reach entire demography that is not possible in the traditional way. A customer enjoys the liberty of accessing a store irrespective of the physical location. It is a big consumer-oriented innovation. It overcomes the limitations of time, space and payment modes.
• In the pressing economies today, it brings a big sigh of relief by reducing operative expenses.. There are no costs involved n idle time (the time when no customer visits the shop). Running a website is much cheaper than running a traditional B&M store. Due to fast and efficient inventory management customers enjoy seamless and uninterrupted supply of products and services. Reduction in costs brings high profitability.
Creative ways of taking advantage of e-commerce
When companies launch e-commerce ventures, they already achieve a competitive edge. Now it is the time to extract maximum juice. Some people think that the absence of personal touch makes it quite difficult. In reality, one can improve customer experience greatly by taking a few simple creative steps.
- ✔ It is important that e-commerce owners think about personality, and not brand. Statistics proves that two-third of the customers don’t have any engagement with the brand. Also, brand loyalty doesn’t always guarantee a business.
- ✔ The pages where customer interaction takes place must contain the customer service tone. When a customer finishes the transaction and checks out, he or she must hear a service tone. The final impression lasts long, and customers are tempted to come back again.
- ✔ Good copywriting for emails: Hire a professional copywriter to draft emails that sound professional, yet with a personal touch. Behavior emails affect company’s goodwill, customer retention and churn.
Industries are rapidly moving towards making operations online. Accessing web is no longer a constraint after introduction of Smartphones and high-speed data connections. Every business today wants to leverage incredible capabilities of the Internet. Since it is possible to take advantage of E-commerce while continued operations of traditional shops, there is no risk and only gain!